Summer is finally over and that signals the end of pretty summer dresses and endless rooftop cocktails. However, it also means my favourite season has just begun. I am looking forward to layering my outfits, knee-high boots and all the autumn themed coffees I am about to consume. Whenever autumn comes around, it also signals the blast quarter of the year and I usually find myself reflecting on my goals for the year and planning for the next year.
Although I’m ready for fall weather, I wanted to say goodbye to summer with one last summer fashion post. This beautiful printed dress was out of my comfort zone as I usually prefer neutral tones however I absolutely loved it and it became a staple this summer. I decided in this post to also include some fun facts about me that most of you might not know about me. Enjoy and let me know if you can relate to any of them!
10 Fun Facts about me
- I wanted to be a Catholic Priest when I was a kid, no, not a nun, I wanted to be an actual priest. That dream was quickly shattered.
- My favourite designer is Coco Chanel, she’s the reason I wanted to be a fashion designer. I was obsessed with her story and how she completely revolutionised the fashion industry.
- My first email address was firstname.lastname@example.org. I still cringe every time I remember it!
- I love animals, especially dogs, I have a 2-year-old Bichon Frise called Zuri and she is a little princess. I also like Snakes, Panthers, and Elephants.
- All I need to be happy is Chanel, Coffee & Flowers
- Fall & Winter are my favourite seasons. Christmas is my absolute favourite holiday (besides my birthday) and once fall starts, I get into Christmas mode. I start planning my Christmas holiday and Christmas presents.
- I have a major sweet tooth! Particularly French pastries, they are my weakness.
- My favourite book is Half of a Yellow Sun. It changed my life!
- I can never watch the same movie twice or read the same book twice.
- Motown is my favourite genre of music. The one genre of music that always gets me in a good mood is Motown. When I’m getting ready in the morning, I love listening to The Temptations, Otis Redding, and Marvin Gaye to get pumped. I also like Hip Hop, Afrobeats, and Jazz.